Anyway, I added my bloggy in da Pinterest settings and it didn't know how to verify blogspot! Using da magic of redirects I convinced blogger to serve a page as da verify page. You can too, and dis how.
Clicky da pixchurs to see dem bigger.
- First sign into Pinterest and go to your settings page.
Fill in your blggy address and click da Verify Website button.
- Da next page tells you a file to download, so download it. Mine is pinterest-fd2f5.html.
Leave da window open because you will come back to it later.
Pinterest says to upload dat file to your website. We can't do dis on blogger. Oh no!!!!
- Don't be sad! We will fool blogger. Open dat html file you downloaded in your favrit text editor, i.e. Notepad. Select all and copy to da blogger page.
- Now in blogger create a new page and paste all demz stuff from da html file. Make the title the same as the file name. Publish!
- Ok, now is da trick. View dat page you just published. Copy the URL in da browser address bar. Mine is
- Now you will go to BLOGGER settings. What you will do is tell blogger to redirect. Dis mean when somebody tries to see a page, you direct dem to another page. And dat page is how Pinterest verifies your bloggy! So go to
Blogger Dashboard » Settings » Search Preferences » Errors and Redirection » Custom Redirects » Edit.
When you fill it in, "from" is da name of da page Pinterest expects. "to" is da address of da bloggy page you just published and copied. "Save Changes."
- Almost done!!!
Remember dat Pinterest setting window I told you to leave open? Go back and
"Click here to complete the process"
Pinterest should give you a big friendly message.
Purrr If dis works for you, please leave a comment. If not, talk to me on twitter and if I have time I can walk you through it.